Team play is on hold until further notice.
We won our playoff round with Rustic Canyon today the 8th of March. Final score was 25 to 23. Our team was unbelievable at Rustic winning 13 to 11 with our guys playing at home coming up with a tie and advance to the round of 16. This was a tight battle and could have gone either way. Thanks to Terry Robuck for putting the team together and to Ash for being a great supporter and assistant team captain at Rustic. Our next match will be against the winner of La Purisima, Birnham Wood match, who will play each other on the 21st of March.
This year we are again playing Olivas Links, Glen Annie and Santa Barbara. We are looking for members that are playing to their current handicap and are good at playing Match Play. If you would like to play or would like more info please call or email Terry Robuck firstname.lastname@example.org (805) 501-2413
Jan. 18th Home against Olivas Links We won 44 to 4. Next week we will travel to Olivas and try to keep up the good play
Jan. 25th at Olivas Links. We won 31 to 17 at Olivas Links.
Feb. 1st Home against Santa Barbara We won 32 to 16
Feb. 8th at Santa Barbara Our first lost 17 to 31
Feb. 15th Home against Glen Annie We won 29 to 19
Feb. 22nd at Glen Annie We won 26 to 22
Proposed Bylaw changes
These are our current Bylaws and then the proposed revisions that we will vote on at a Special Meeting prior to our regular meeting on April 1st.
4.2 For all Directors excluding Tournament Directors, the Club shall pay for either (a) the green fees for three (3) home tournaments or (b) the entry fee for the Annual Bus Trip.
4.3 With respect to Tournament Directors, the Club shall pay for the green fees (up to a maximum of $45.00) of each tournament the Tournament Director runs.
4.2 For all Directors, excluding Tournament Directors, the Club shall pay for either (a) the green fees for three (3) home tournaments or (b) the entry fee for the Annual Bus Trip one (1) home tournament.
4.3 With respect to Tournament Directors, the Club shall pay the entry fee for each tournament the Tournament Director manages for the entry fee of a home tournament.
Team Play Update from SCGA 5/18/20
We hope this finds you doing well and safely getting back out on the golf course.
The health and safety of all involved remains the SCGA’s top priority, and as counties begin to allow certain activities, we have given careful consideration to parameters under which the remainder of the 2020 SCGA Team Play Playoffs will be conducted.
Please discuss the following proposal with your governing board, ownership or governing agency, to ensure that under the following parameters, your team will be able to resume the Team Play Playoffs.
The SCGA Team Play Playoffs would be allowed to resume on or after Thursday, July 9.We have outlined the remaining (Thursday & Saturday) playoff schedules below and they can also be foundby clicking HERE. We are optimistic that this format allows for competition to resume and the opportunity for champions to be crowned in 2020.
- Playoff matches may begin on July 9
- Round of 32 must be completed by July 30 & Aug. 1
- Round of 16 must be completed by Aug. 13 & Aug. 15
- Round of 8 must be completed by Aug. 27 & Aug. 29
- Round of 4 must be completed by Sep. 10 & Sep. 12
- Championships: TBD
SCGA Team Play Guidelines (subject to change)
- Captains must relay all local club, city and county policies to the opposing captain well in advance of the match. These include, but are not limited to, policies on carts, starting time intervals, prepayment, face coverings, bunkers, flagsticks and food and beverage.
- Players must abide by these policies as well as the regulations listed in this document.
- If private clubs are not allowing guest play during the window of a scheduled match, their portion of the match may be played at a mutually agreed upon alternative site.
- Shotgun starts will not be permitted.
- Caddies are prohibited for the remainder of the playoffs. Partners must always maintain social distancing.
- Players will be encouraged to prepay (if applicable) and captains will be responsible for facilitating this process.
- No hosted banquets, in-person team meetings or gatherings of any kind. Takeout items from the facility are acceptable in accordance with facility protocol.
- Physical scoreboards will not be permitted.
- Alternate groups will be discouraged to reduce the amount of team players at any host facility.
- Players will be encouraged to utilize the USGA TM mobile app for scoring in place of physical scorecards.
Health Precautions & Recommendations
- If you have a fever, cough or other symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face.
- Refrain from shaking hands or coming into contact with other players and officials.
- If social distancing is not possible, face masks must be worn.
- Familiarize yourself and follow best practices issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and state/local governments.